Meet Dr. Sunkin
Fellowship trained in Total Joint Arthroplasty
- Hip and Knee Replacement
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Hip and Knee Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Orthopedic Trauma
- General Orthopedic Surgery
Uniformed Services University
Wright-Patterson Medical Center
San Antonio Military Medical Center
San Antonio, TX
Total Joint Arthroplasty Fellowship
Brigham And Women’s Hospital
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
South Shore Hospital, Weymouth, MA
Specialty Society Memberships
AAOS American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
AAHKS American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
SOMOS Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons
Meet Jonathan Sunkin
United States Air Force, 2002-2019, attained the rank of Lt. Col.
Chief of Orthopedic Surgery, US Hospital Langley, Langley Air Force Base, 2016-2019
Senior Orthopedic Surgeon, Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan. Apr – Nov 2017
Orthopedic Surgeon, Presidential Surgical Team, Argentina. Mar – Apr 2016
Staff Orthopedic Surgeon, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar. Jun – Oct 2015
Staff Flight Surgeon, Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Jul – Sep 2008
- Air Force Commendation Medal (awarded twice 2009, 2017)
- Air Force Achievement Medal (awarded twice 2007, 2014)
- Army Achievement Medal (2011)
- National Defense Service Medal (2002)
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal (2017)
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal (awarded 2015)
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal (2004)
- NATO non-Article 5 Medal, Afghanistan (2017)
- Air Force Flight Surgeon Badge (2007)
- Army Parachutist Badge (awarded for Army Airborne training, 2006)
- Sunkin JA, Lindsey MH, Stenquist DS, Fuller BC, Chen AF, Shah VM. Surgical Treatment of Acute Periprosthetic Knee Infection with Concurrent Presumed COVID-19: A Case Report. JBJS Case Connect. 2020;10(3):e2000226.
- Puddy AC, Sunkin JA, Aden JK, Walick KS, Hsu JR. Cast saw burns: evaluation of simple techniques for reducing the risk of thermal injury. J Pediatr Orthop. 2014 Dec;34(8)e63-6.
- Sunkin. Cast saw burns: defining the margin of safety in splitting freshly applied casts.
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting. December 2012.
- Sunkin. Cast saw burns: evaluation of simple techniques for reducing the risk of thermal injury. Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting. December 2012.